Does a Jacking point diagram exist?

Hello all,
Is there a diagram out there someplace demonstrating the various safe jacking locations for the E? Particularly the series 1.
I had a fellow forum member help me as I put my E on jack stands a couple weeks ago. I have noticed people seem to all have their own method for jacking and jack point locations. I would love to hear your methods.?

I wish I had not seen this XJ-Sā€¦now I canā€™t sleep !!

1 Like

Almighty! You opened up a whole new risk of bird strike for the XJS! Whats the LED-strip under the horn for? And to answer your question, I am not aware of a jacking diagram other than the manual.

1 Like

So the E Type is called Pistachioā€¦ok, so I would have to guess the XJ-S is ā€œmixed nutsā€ ?

1 Like

Some discussion & photos here:

1 Like

Close, The other is ā€˜Cashewā€™

1 Like

Growths should be excised before they metastasize

Billā€¦you are so right !! Cut it off as soon as possible ! LOL

First of all - is that XJS mutant documented somewhere ? Iā€™d love to hear the story.

About jacking up your car. If itā€™s for long term, say over the winter, Iā€™d have the stands in places that puts the suspension in itā€™s normal position as when the car is stood on its wheels. The rear stands seem to be under the shock absorber mounts, so thatā€™s ok. Iā€™d do the same at the front.
About jacking up the car, Iā€™ve used a block of wood on the diff and lifted the rear that way. In the front Iā€™ve read some people use a piece of hardwood under the bottom of the ā€œpicture frameā€ and lift the car there.
The jacking points for the road side wheel change may be compromised by rust.

1 Like

Thanks, and hereā€™s the Jay Leno episode on YouTube:
(well not the full episode as it turns out)

3 Likes