E-Type IRS rebuild

Chris,
Fenton, Michigan ?

Marco

Hi Drew,
The first one I made wasn’t quite strong enough, Here is the link to the blog with the better version: Back On The Road: Fiddly diddly stuff....
This one has held up well.
Cheers,
LLynn

1 Like

Oh. I scrolled right by that, Lynn, as I thought it was your garage potty. You’ve got everything else in there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mark,

Yes,

Fenton, MI.

Do you know it?

Chris F.

I do, I live 25 minutes away from you in Brighton.

I have completely rebuilt my IRS (except the diff which I sent to Coventry West) and can help if you would like. Let me know.

Mark,
Thank you for your generous offer. I would love the opportunity to pick your brain relative to the rear suspension rebuild.
When I get all the parts I have organized and finish reading the appropriate pages of the shop manual for the tenth time I will reach out if that’s ok.
Right now my questions are not specific enough. Too overwhelmed.
Thank you again. I really appreciate it.
Chris Fulton

Sounds good , whenever you’re ready.
We’ll be in Fenton Saturday morning enjoying a delicious ham and cheese croissant at “Crust” bakery.
Like I said we’re not too far…

Mark

Chris, if it were me…I’d redact your phone number.

1 Like

It seems that quite a few members are unaware of the Private Messaging function of this forum [not you Wiggles, but I’ve seen too many private phone numbers and email addresses shared on the open forum lately…]. It allows you to send information to a particular user, or group of users, that is not for general consumption. Things like private email addresses or phone numbers are best communicated this way to avoid a deluge of spam and/or nuisance phone calls. A brief tutorial on this function can be found here:

-David

1 Like

Today I learned that’s called a hamburger. I thought it was Morse for zero.

Is that a Spam joke?

2 Likes

Easier yet, click on the avatar of t he person you want to send a PM to. You’ll get a popup that has a blue bar saying “Message” on the right side of t he popup. Type your message and hit the blue “Message” bar below where you typed your text.

For example I clicked on David’s avatar and got

1 Like

David,
This is not related to this post. But, I could not figure out how to get a hold of you otherwise. I too have an early 1969 E-Type. I had a guy try to do some electric work on my ignition switch. He gave up but be took all the wires off the switch without making note or taking a pic. I know you had done your Jag and I was hoping you had a pic of where the wires go. There are more than three wires on my car. It’s all original.

I will set up a post separate from this one to reach out to the community. But, I wanted to try you directly. Thanks for any help you can give me.