Early series 1 VIN based on Engine number

Hi guys,

I know an engine with the following number:
R-6450-9. Based on other cars I know, this should be around May, June 1962.

Any ideas how I can confirm this?
Or much better get the VIN number?

Play around with the search function here:

xkedata.com as @MartinScherz wrote has this reference with engine no. R-6449-9. What you seek will be either or later than this car. E.G., 10 cars later has a lower engine number. You can just scroll and possibly get lucky.

3.8 Jaguar E-Type	 	Cream
Fixed Head Coupe	 	Black
Left Hand Drive	 	
Jaguar Cars, New York, USA
886362	 	August 1962
R 6449 9	 	
V3067	 	
	California
Build Date     July 1962	 	United States

1962	 	Cream
2022	 	Black
Awaiting Rest.	 	
Original	 	

All Syncro	 	

United States United States

Thank you😊

fre. 18. aug. 2023 kl. 15:08 skrev Scot Thompson via Jag-lovers Forums <noreply@jag-lovers.com>:

Which begs the much more interesting question: what ever happened to the car?

I do have a theory……

fre. 18. aug. 2023 kl. 19:21 skrev Paul Wigton via Jag-lovers Forums <noreply@jag-lovers.com>:

Well…?? Ove?? BTW…happy anniversary of joining J-L.

5 years now?

lør. 19. aug. 2023 kl. 13:46 skrev Scot Thompson via Jag-lovers Forums <noreply@jag-lovers.com>:

OMG that is funny. I didn’t pay any attention to dates on the thread. I don’t know how it popped up on my J-L home page, but it did. Still…it is a happy anniversary?!

I just thought that I’d give my input to this. My '62 has never been registered on the xke data site, I’ve owned this for the past 42 years. I believe that it was built end of July/early Aug. Body #3424, car # 886655, engine R6184-9, Trans.EB4808JS, Jim.

2 Likes

Thank you.

So whatever had this engine was something produced June, July, August sometime. Thank you for your input😊

lør. 19. aug. 2023 kl. 16:02 skrev James Garis via Jag-lovers Forums <noreply@jag-lovers.com>: