Engine cover xjs v12 1995

Drum roll please…

Although the cut out is in the wrong position it dos not interfere on the throttle body…
but the holes don’t line up with any mating points on the engine itself…
I am not entirely certain if I like it or not…

1 Like

another angle

It’s probably just me, but I think I would have liked that cover better without the leaping cats, just straight slots. And I probably would have designed it to go under the throttle rods rather than over them.

Sure love stainless steel, though. Especially 20 years later, when the OEM plastic part is really lookin’ shabby.

1 Like

Not just you, I was about to say the same thing.

Hello Mike - is this something you made your self - I have thought that there should be some sort of slotted openings to allow the heat below to escape, as compared to the factory solid covers - but then I wondered if the closed design was to help channel an air flow across the vee section for cooling purpose - this cover does give a nice look to the engine bay.

It probably should go under the throttle rods. In the photo it’s just laying there, not really installed

Hi Terry,
no i didn’t make this myself, I had it sent over from the US 15 odd years ago but it was not handed correctly for RHD cars. The aluminium is slotted, there seems to be ample room for the heat to pass.

John,
I agree it should go under the throttle rods but note how the throttle cable is opposite side to where the slot is

1 Like

Always been curious as to how difficult it would be to retrofit one of those covers (if you can even obtain a very good one) to a 5.3. :thinking: Has anyone ever tried it? Would it require some “special drilling” work?

Hello Mike
I think it was I that started this topic about engine cover. I understand that this topic is of big interest for many Jaguar lovers.
If this cover fits my XJS V12 6.0 with left steering I am interested in buying it if you will sell it for a reasonable price.

Mvh
Eivind
Norway.

-------- Opprinnelig melding --------

There are 24 nuts holding the intake manifold on. You could easily fab brackets that are installed under some of those nuts and provide attachment points for the later OEM cover – or any cover you choose to install.

Interesting. Thanks, Kirby :smile:

Hi guys, sorry for the tardy response… I haven’t decided what I am going to do with the cover, once I get the 12 timed, i will look more closely at the installation of the cover and see what I think… If I do sell it, I will put it on eBay… if I decide to sell it. Alternatively, I may take it to a fabrication shop and see how much they are to make…

1 Like

Hello,
I have this one for sale.
I’ll accept what ever you think is fair, plus postage.
Thanks,
Rob

Hello Robert

Thank you. I am of course very interested.

We can discuss further details in private email. My email is esaelen et online.no.

Eivind