Exhaust variances between S1 and S2?

The Norma clamp I mentioned above is very similar. Those particular clamps were popular with many upscale European cars, but aren’t widely available these days. Manufacturers include Fisher Automotive and HJ Schulte. You might be able to order this clamp through a Volvo dealer:

http://www.fa1.pl/en/catalogue/#/p/5498

1 Like

Here’s another one. The Mercedes exhaust is 48mm, so the clamp is a hair large, may or may not work:

https://www.autohausaz.com/pn/1144900141

Thank you,

Will confirm diameter and check if this one will work.

We are still considering our mounting options and are short one of these if that is direction we go.

On a side note, be sure to keep all these original bolts:

They are almost impossible to replace with originals and new ones are NLA.

1 Like

Yea, terrible pic, sorry. *Note to self (don’t take pictures without wearing your glasses).

:sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s what I am finding.

I guess ok to use what others above have shown or we have a full set of the more common exhaust mounting hardware. :woman_shrugging:t3:

I may have a spare if all you need is one.

Great! I’ll send you a message if we go that route. Thank you!

Here’s what I have. It’s stainless, not plated. A few minutes on a buffing wheel and it will look new. No bolt, though:

clamp

Another exhaust question

These nuts were attaching exhaust to manifold. Shop guy was concerned they were incorrect. What is the correct fastener for this application?

1 Like

What Doug showed in his post, but I don’t know that they are any different from what you could buy at an Ace Hardware.

1 Like

Brass nuts are proper for that area.

1 Like

I have a feeling (no references to confirm it to hand) that the originals were bronze, not brass, and deeper than the hardware-store substitutes offered by the usuals. I recall seeing some come on eBay occasionally.

I think they were, but I’ve used brass with no issues.

That said, a judging Nazi might not share my values…:grimacing:

The “genuine Jaguar” longer (so more thread) bronze ones that are available from some vendors (mostly on eBay) seem to be $8-10 each, versus $1 for the brass ones from the usuals, and probably less from ACE. As we’ve discussed here on several occasions, there are problems with these nuts becoming loose, and many of us have sought ways of preventing this using things like Nordlock washers etc. I wonder if the deeper bronze nuts are better in this respect - no knowledge, just a thought…

1 Like

I’ve never done a proper study of that, but it’d be easy to do… you first!

McMaster-Carr has the standard thickness bronze nuts for considerably less than $8-10 each.

Thanks John - a much better price, for sure. They only seem to have ones 21/64" high though. The originals appear to be taller:

temp

So are the nuts that I posted in the picture correct? Do I need to take side pictures?