Famous XJS owners

Really like Marty Robbins.

Folks can keep Boone…doesn’t float my boat

Add Bob Tullius, the man who raced them for Jaguar and did quite well back in the day.

that’s called “the slate”… I not only did that … grip work… study lines with “the talent” involved… sometimes thrown into a scene driving a car… got to drive a Mercedes coupe once… but no Jaguar

1 Like

Hi,

AFAIK the Playboy Playmate of the Year is self explanatory as they got a new Jag as a ”bonus” at least already in 1972 with this well known photo. So most likely from 1975 onwards there was a new XJ-S Playmate owner every year.

But some other people on that list most likely actually CHOSE the XJ-S/XJS themselves. :wink:

Cheers!

Ps. Come to think of it, I may be confusing ”pets” and ”playmates” like Penthouse & Playboy magazines, you know from here they all look the same! :laughing:

1 Like

Mr. Zimmerman I presume? :slight_smile:

I get it. Marty robbins was a real vocal talent. I have some cassettes. The guy in the continental suite.

Even competed as a better than average NASCAR driver. .

His daughter Debbie appeared on alocal PBS station pushing various sog subscriptions.

Marty raced NASCAR. Not amateur!!

True … I caught that in the article … Although the article seems to indicate he wasn’t really into it seriously (i.e. for a living), and even pointed that out to his racing competitors … Perhaps if he wasn’t already a music star :star: he would have gone into that profession instead … :racing_car: ?

btw, ltns Carl on here … was worried you were O.K. :worried: Everything alright in Walnut Creek of late? :confused:

Well dang, how did you end up in rural Iowa, Scrimbonator? If I were in that biz, I’d prefer to stay in the L.A. area, I would think … :star_struck: :clinking_glasses:

actually headquarters were in San Diego… although pay was good… it isn’t steady… I’m from Iowa and spent many years in California because of family ties there… to answer your question I came “home” to help the old folks and stayed… much more calmer here although I learned more about everything while out west than I could have here in Iowa.

1 Like

ATTYDA

Thanks.

No worries. I am OK. WC is as well. Changing it’s stripes even more. No longer the "bedroom’ community it was when we came in 75. Hirise office and condo and apt units abound. Al fresco dining as per Covid will become permanent. Side walk cafes along main st!!!

Steve Marriott (from Humble Pie and Small Faces fame) had a XJ-S in the ‘89-90 timeframe according to his biography; probably used as his wife had a friend that was a used car dealer and supplied them with cars. He had a number of Jaguars throughout the years. He died in ‘91…RIP. Probably one of the best rock voices.

1 Like

My intro song of theirs: this was “unplugged, the early years!”

Try “Say No More” from a live BBC show. Coked out (as in the Black Coffee video), but man what a voice. What he could have been, save for his demons…
Did you know “Black Coffee” was an Ike and Tina Turner song?

1 Like

Wow talk about a blast from the past!

I did indeed!

I cannot honestly say I liked his voice, but he was an amazing performer.

I actually like his later stuff (Packet of Three); more bluesy. He reveled in playing live, did 200+ shows a year to mostly small clubs in the UK and Germany.

1 Like

Sounds like he’s trying to sing like Robert Plant, but w. a “darker” voice :studio_microphone: :smile:

As for me, what’s muh name? :studio_microphone: :notes:

I remember my older brother playing that album back in the disco daze … :flushed:

1 Like

Another underrated blues singer, IMHO, King Biscuit Boy, one of the best to come out of Canada :canada: Don’t know why he didn’t achieve greater status in his time … :studio_microphone: :notes:

1 Like