Foose E-type pics from SEMA

Since you’re all waiting for my opinion, I think it’s beautiful, but…

I’d lose the badges on the hood and sides
Have less wheel and more tire
Create a single well-styled headlight system on each fender echoing the tail, rather than the 4.

2 Likes

I couldn’t help but notice in the first picture everyone has their backs to the car. My reaction as well…

my only hope is that it started out as a completely rusted out basketcase. In that way they can say “no E-types were harmed in the making of this monstrosity)

Agree, wrt scallops. The quad headlight thing could be done to more accurately reflect the use of auxiliary lights, like on the Lightweights.

Like this ? :

NO!!! I detest the “elfin ear” headlight look.

Marco, you had me going for a while 'till u did those F******g ugly headlights. That’s the exact reason modern cars don’t do it for me. $3 to $4K head lights that don’t provide any better light than the old $25 round ones.
And in 7+ years try to buy a replacement lamp for your low volume vehicle.
I know the dealers hate them, once they only had to stock two sizes of lamp, now every new model has it’s own style lamp.
I can still buy lamps for my MK V, MK 2, E and XJ(S) and all the others prior to the XJ40, without robbing a Bank.
And what serious car has wire wheels these days? They heavy, hard to keep clean and seriously deficient strength wise when used with sticky tread compounds that most performance tires have these days .

Sorry Marko, ment thelews:

And it shouldn’t have 4 eyes. The two inner ones look like an afterthought

I’ll allow it…:wink:

I still think BMW did the best evolution of the E.

2 Likes

Isn’t it intended to be the evolution of the 507? Love the Z8 though. I wish they’d made more so they weren’t so dear.

1 Like

definitely

20 characters

Let us not forget the intermediary, which looked to Goertz’s 507 for inspiration.

Here all along I thought the 240 was inspired by Es

It was, in part, but the Japanese designers also had the 507 in mind.

To me, the 507 is one of THE most beautiful cars ever. A well restored one, in person, is just stunning. It could have been a really remarkable car, had it not come with such an astronomical price tag when new - something like $6K, in 1958!

I knew Jack Castor, and saw this one, in EXACTLY the location and condition shown in the very first photo, almost 15 years ago. Even in that condition, and reeking of cat piss, it was beautiful. Jack, had two of them, and a couple of spare engines! I knew there was ZERO chance he would ever be able to restore them, so I was absolutely thrilled when I heard BMW bought that one. I have no idea what happened to the other one, but I’m sure it, and his collection of ~50 or more “penny farthing” and other antique bicycles, have all moved on to new owners, as Jack passed away before the restoration on the Elvis car was completed.

Regards,
Ray L.

2 Likes

Agreed: the 507 may be only a femtoinch behind the E, in its stunning beauty.

yes it was, but personally I see E-type lines in the Z8, even from the front it sure looks more like a modern E ( to me ) than a modern 507. which is still a beautiful automobile.

I always found it ironic that a car that cost this much and was so modern at its time, aluminum frame, etc. yet it still had a manual folding top.

I too wish the prices werent so high.

Here are some more pictures:

It’s not hideous, but, overall, I also don’t think it’s an improvement. The interior is not bad. They kept the original style steering wheel, though it looks to me like a 15". The wheels/tires are truly awful.

Regards,
Ray L.

In my younger days the 24ounce was second favourite - after the E.

1 Like