Foose E-type pics from SEMA

Would not leave foose and my E alone together for any significant amount of time.

1 Like

He took a really interesting instrument panel and made it look uninspiring. IMO, a modern interpretation of the classic three panel layout would have been more interesting.

After having worked on buttloads of them, and owned three, I gotta say…they were OK.

For the price point, they offered reasonable performance, not great handling, and their rust issues were almost as bad as an E Type’s.

Admit it ! We’re a bunch of old pharts who doesn’t like change !
Says I, who have bastardized an S3. :flushed:

1 Like

I really dislike the giant wheels on most vintage cars

It’s a good thing all our opinions do not matter to Chip, or to the customer who paid Chip big money to create his/her version of a hot rod.

Viva la difference, n’est pas?

2 Likes

If you read the comments on social media (i.e. not an E-Type forum), about 99% of the people love it. Around here, it’s about 1%.

What does that mean?

1 Like

As soon as I saw that I thought ‘Frua e-type’ (Google Image it)

As soon as I saw the body partly pulled over the headlamps, the word which cane instantly and completely unbidden to mind was ‘foreskin’.(Don’t Google Image it) Sorry, it just did.

Ll

1 Like

It means Chip’s car is not giving us the same thrill/ vibe as ours (the original version). We’re looking at what we don’t like vs : is it a good looking car or not ? Overall it is.
Asking this group about Chips interpretation of the “E” is like serving Olive Garden food in Italy. It would be criticized and picked apart but overall can be eaten without major side effects :wink:.

4 Likes

The comments I read here about Chip’s e are similar to the comments voiced about the new mid-engine Corvette. Those less than positive utterances are made by vintage Corvette owners who can’t see certain things in any way other than what they know.

well I’m triggered, going to need to start blocking some members.

2 Likes

It means we’re driving down the freeway and everybody else is going the wrong direction.

4 Likes

That’s TOTALLY different, than all us erudite and refined Jaguar aficionados…:wink:

Seriously, when it became evident Corvettes were going to be mid-engined, I could have made book on the predictable negativity.

‘Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose,’ as Jerry might have said!

2 Likes

Slightly different, Paul. The negativity towards the new Corvette is coming from the older Corvette owners who grew up with these cars, not from the whole new generation of car enthusiasts. So the 99% who like Chip’s e are not “old timers”. I own an original NCRS '66 Corvette and I am having an issue developing a warm reception to the new ME 'vette. I like things the way they are. I meant nothing disrespectful by my comment towards the opinions expressed in this thread.

1 Like

I totally get that: my statement was tongue-in-cheek.

Sorta…:grimacing:

1 Like

The Corvette is gradually embracing what it proudly claimed not to be. It’s looking more and more like a European supercar and will eventually shed the push rod engine ( if it hasn’t already).

1 Like

I think the average age of a new Vette buyer is about 110, so judging by what I’m seeing on Corvette Forum, it’s about as accepted as anything ever was by this crowd of senior citizens. Personally I think the ME Vette is at least 25 years late to the scene, glad it’s finally here. It’s what passes for contemporary automobile styling I have a problem with. Way too much copying, nothing really that different, what’s just OK is smeared across almost everything. What we need is a modern day Bill Mitchell. Is that even possible anymore?

1 Like

We ain’t Chip’s target audience?

:grimacing:

There is a lot to like about the new Corvette; the price, the performance, the build quality, the interior materials. I just don’t care for the styling. I think Robert Cumberford summed the shortcomings up well in Automobile.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-mid-engine-design-analysis/

One virtue of the Foose E-type is it’s lack of unnecessary “surface noise”.

2 Likes

Yep, they are (finally) going after a new demographic.

You can say the same thing about the Foose E-type…it ain’t popular around here, but it’s lighting-up the hell out of social media with #etype and #xke, so that should probably been seen as a good thing…at least, if you want there to still be people buying E-types in 15-20 years. :wink:

2 Likes