>>>Hello all, happy to join the group<<<

Sure will try to make it work. 2.5 hours is not too bad at all, maybe meet in the middle? (Is that a country song?)

:joy:

Iā€™ll see if I can wrangle an extra day, head out your way to look at the Jag, and see if I can help you ID whatā€™s there and whatā€™s not.

3 Likes

:+1: That would be amazing!

Come one Carlos, fill me in. Did you know my Dad?

Good man, @Wiggles!!

1 Like

I agree!!!

Big props to Paul.

:innocent:

Might as well help somebody with this rapidly disappearing knowledge base!

2 Likes

Nicole ā€“ you just stumbled into Paulā€™s second love: he has a country band. Paul sings alto and plays a mean guitar ā€“ Craig

1 Like

Yeah. Iā€™m experiencing diminishing grey matter, too ā€¦ :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I can sing alto and if pushed, soprano II, on a good day (the countertenor ainā€™t quite what it used to be!).

:grimacing:

1 Like

By the look of you, you can certainly sing for your supper too :grinning:

1 Like

True dat: by the looks of all the pictures Iā€™ve seen of you, that would explain why you donā€™t sing for a living.

:joy:

1 Like

Well last night was an interesting visit to say the least.

Being a medical provider, I can guess it would be like throwing a non medical person into the late stages of a CABG (coronary artery bypass graft) surgery and telling them to finish up, patting them on the back, wishing them luck and walking out. :grimacing: :see_no_evil:

There are SO many original parts, new parts, misc. parts etc. and I have NO idea what I am looking at. Books are helpful butā€¦

Apparently, many of the parts that were ordered did not fit, possibly incompatible with series 1.5?

So, Iā€™m trying to not become overwhelmed and just find a rational starting point.

1 Like

How about this for a start: Collect a relatively small number of unknown parts, take a photo with tape/numbers (1, 2, 3, etc.) on the parts, and post the photo on this site. You will get your answers fairly quickly I would guess. Rinse and repeatā€¦

1 Like

If you and Paul are able to link up, I suspect heā€™ll be able to ID 98% of the parts you have.

Failing that, you could post photos of the parts. This group is nothing short of amazing in quickly an accurately IDing the most obscure of E-Type parts. I realize you say ā€œThere are SO many original parts, new parts, misc. parts etc. and I have NO idea what I am looking atā€, but playing ā€œName This Partā€ is a time honored tradition here.

Ooops ā€“ Doug got there first. It must be a good ides.

2 Likes

Ok, how about these for starters. Appear to be brand new (2) but headlights already installed on car.

Those Cibie sealed beam headlights are not stock on an E-Type. The stock units are marked Lucas. I suspect your dad was considering these as an upgrade to the somewhat weak Lucas units. If they are smaller than 7" diameter he may have been considering driving lights in the bonnet mouth as those were optional extras (and very uncommon).

1 Like

My guess.

ā€¦

Regarding your original query on how to identify what you have and donā€™t have to complete the restoration.

The Jaguar Clubs of North America has a club in Oklahoma City. Annual dues are nominal and joining would open a tremendous resource close to you. Iā€™d guess many members would be more than happy to offer in person advice and assistance.

https://www.jcna.com/user/sc31

1 Like

Boy, Iā€™ll second that! Thereā€™s been quite a few times where people identified the part that I had no clue what it was!

2 Likes