Instagram pics #jagloversofficial

One featured in the movie “big fish”. Ends up parked in a tree after a surreal flood scene.

I’ll reserve any comments…:grimacing:

1 Like

wow look at that hot bitch sitting on a Jag

1 Like

The kind of gauge readings you want to see:

Mid June, outside temp about 85F.

3 Likes

Fuel gauge is wrong, it’s showing full, drive it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not for long. That was on the East Coast Oil Leak.

2 Likes

6 Likes

It’s a garage! It’s a hangar! It’s a hangrage! (Sorry, best I could come up with)

James, how goes the interior of the jet/camper?

1 Like

Hey Scott, looking nice. My lady and I took the xjs and jet camper on a 200 mile round trip few weeks ago finally since we are both always working so much. Yes, my hangar is incredibly narrow but as you can see I make it work. BARELY. lol Have you taken out your E lately?

Well . . . mine is not yet mobile. :slight_smile: Running but still have to go through brake and clutch hydraulics and a few other things after its 25 year slumber. It’s been a challenging summer on the non-automotive front so progress has been slower than desired. Thanks for asking.

1 Like

I understand that! How blessed we are to have them to work on though.

2 Likes

John what, if anything, have you done to your cooling system. My 68 is running warm at 85° ambient. I’ve got the round dual electric motors on my 68 and thinking maybe I need to change the radiator out.
Thanks
Robert

50/50 antifreeze and water with water wetter, which I really think is more “feel good” than effective.

Newly rebuild engine and I flushed the radiator myself.

Upgraded water pump impeller installed by Coventry West when the rebuilt the engine and water pump.

The correct thermostat for a Series II 4.2

Home made variable temperature otter switch. I can adjust the temperature at which it activates the fans. Currently set for 187F. After a drop of 10F it shuts the fans off.

Stock round fan motors with aftermarket blades I bought about 15 years ago when I had the 2+2. I think they are flex-a-lite. They move more air than the stock blades.

I put a partition in the fan shroud between the two fans so if one dies the good fan doesn’t pull air in from around the bad fan.

All simple things that if nothing else give me more peace of mind.

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed response. I’ve done much of the same, not including the engine rebuild and water pump.

My fans have the flex-a-lite blades too after your recommendation.

Otter switch is std and comes on when it shoul, but never shuts the fans off because the temperature never drops.

I’m starting to think I need to pull the radiator and either have it cleaned or replace it with an alloy. Maybe from Coolcat… the cleaning of my original is going to be about $300 at a local radiator shop. New one is $675.

One thing that has me scratching my head is the engine block, and thinking that maybe the whole system should be flushed, but the guy at the radiator shop said he wouldn’t recommend it…

When I first got the car back on the road last summer it didn’t run as hot. Over the winter I installed a triple 4.2 manifold and Su carb setup and it’s been running warm. Hasn’t boiled over yet. But get up there…

Definitely not running lean. Too rich if anything. Timing is set at10° before tdc with a Pertronix distributor.

I even snugged up the belt just to be sure it wasn’t slipping.

Seems like I’m running out of options, except for the radiator

I wonder what his reasoning is? I’ve never heard of anyone saying it shouldn’t be done.

I regret not asking, but I got the impression he seemed to think it was somehow risky.

Hi Dino,
Here’s a pic of my '69 SII 2+2 shortly after a full restoration. Enzo was right, it sure is pretty.

5 Likes

Enzo understated things. He was a proud man, after all. Difficult to admit he’d been bested on design.

Very nice, John.

1 Like

please check the thermostat and bypass connection. there is much written in the archives. its possible you are not isolating the bypass circuit when the thermostat opens and thus not all hot water is sent to the rad for cooling.

Thanks Phil. I have used an external clamp to close the bypass hose and see if that helps. It doesn’t.