Interior Color Change - Yea or Nay

Just a personal opinion, but I think the prevalence of dark grey and black interiors in modern cars has made me appreciate more any interiors with some color. To my eye a black interior often takes away from an exterior color. As far as originality, it’s usually safe to stick with a combination originally available. Even 60 years ago designers had a good eye for colors.

1 Like

http://www.xkedata.com/gallery/zoom/?id=266916
For example…

I too have carmen red with black interior. Always liked black interiors on sports cars. Tan or bisque to me is more gorgeous and sumptuous but black more “business-like” which balances that extroverted red. Totally subjective. Either one one will look fine.

1 Like

Good comment Joe. For me, the black is so much more forgiving in the installation and the care. The biscuit more interesting and I and the wife likes it. :slight_smile: Plus I have nothing salvageable from the old black interior, so why not please myself.

1 Like

James, where did you get your seats? If you don’t mind my asking

Hi Scott got them used from eBay. Although they were not cheap. They are used just enough to fit the car nicely as I don’t like the look of perfect leather. I prefer the very mildly worn look.

Search under Pekka Teiluvo’s name: he was the color king.

1 Like

I’m going to find it. It was something I’ve seen recently as I was reviewing my documents after uncovering my car. That means within the last 3 weeks. It’s here somewhere. :slight_smile:
But I will definitely check out Pekka. Must be Finnish, I spent a lot of time in Finland in a previous life.

He is, and if you email him–he no longer posts on JL–he is a fount of color knowledge.

Yes, spent some time on ebay this morning and seen a few sets : between $1500 and $2500 based on condition…

My 67 FHC is Opalescent Maroon and originally had a maroon interior. A previous owner changed it to biscuit which i think is a beautiful color combination. Since the interior is now a bit worn I’ve thought about changing it back to maroon when I need to redo the interior, but the biscuit is much more to my liking.

–Drew

I think
Jon Skinner said this is “French Blue”

1 Like

Very nice
Yes, I recall the color being referred to as French Blue also.
I debated between BAS UK and Skinner and ended up choosing BAS. I would say they are quality and reputable suppliers.

That is MUCH better than an all-black interior!

The slightly-different tone of carpet is also a nice touch.

I agree. That is a very nice interior!

Yours maybe French blue, but mine is Jaguar Light Grey

That is the colour of the door cards and vinyl on the sills. The seats are a modern approximation, the nearest I could find to cover a pair of MX5 seats.

Good info.
Based on this chart mine would be Light Blue because the French Blue started in 1972.
Made me look : the JHDT says the same .

Hmm, my 67 was Silver Blue with Red interior when I bought it, and the Heritage certificate confirms that is what shipped from the factory January 67. Custom Order?

Rod

Yes, you can see the Light Gray.
The seats are very close to a light blue/ french blue as well…

Nice