Interior Color Change - Yea or Nay

On my computer, that tan interior looks gray to me… looks exactly like the dove gray in my XK8 convert.

Sez you. My E-type is in its original livery, BRG over black, and I like it so much my XK120 will be the same (was originally Pastel Green over Suede Green).

I knew someone’s ox would get gored…:cowboy_hat_face:

And to that I say…good on ya!

:grimacing:

It has something to do, no doubt, with the very first E-type I ever saw in the fall of 1964. Brand new Red over Black '65 OTS. I was 12. I walked around and around and around that car and at that very moment entered puberty …

1 Like

You probably “nose printed” it…:stuck_out_tongue:

A classic example of choose what you like. Personally, I find Pastel Green over Suede Green to be a wonderful combination, but I understand it is “hideous” to your eye. How can you call this hideous…?

-David

2 Likes

I have to be careful when I see something and say : “that is so cool” or “isn’t that beautiful ?” in my wife’s presence. Many times I end up with those same items but really not wanting them because they don’t really reflect me or my personality even though I truly do see beauty in them.

I do appreciate the beauty of the Pastel Green 120 and how the colors capture a snippet of a gone by era but for me a black one with tobacco? interior and nice chrome resonates more with what I would try to emulate of that same era.

Beauty is in the eyes …

1 Like

I’ll take the Fifth. Maybe I’ll drink a fifth…:wink:

1 Like

Not the car, David. Heavens no. The shape is exquisite in any colour. It’s the colour that’s the problem, not the car. One must excuse one another’s colour preferences, speaking in the Jaguar context now. Some people would never have a black interior, some never biscuit. It’s all a matter of taste, old boy. But that particular pastel shade of green appeals to neither SWMBO nor I. It reminds us both of the shade of green that graced the more chic bathroom fixtures of the era.

Flame suit on. It’s just a matter of taste. No more than that.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

No need for the flame suit, Nick. If anything, I suspect I will need one for singing the praises of this particular colour combination! I didn’t use to be a fan of suede green interiors until I saw an E with willow green paint/suede green interior, and then later, this 120 DHC. I loved them both (and no, I do not like avocado bathroom fixtures!). As you say, it’s all down to personal taste. If we all liked the same colours, all cars would be the same, and what a shame that would be…

Suede green interior colour is right up there as a favourite. Exterior colour too. Both appeal to my jaundiced eye.

Just do what you feel like. It’s your car.

2 Likes

It reminds me of the institutional green color that graced the interior of Army hospitals in the 1950’s

1 Like

Or, many public schools, done up in puke green ‘subway’ bricks.

Ewww.

Bill, what’s the source of that color scheme document? That is a similar page to what I was looking for. So for me the Biscuit and Red is a “authentic” combo.
Chris, that is a sharp look to your S1.5. Those seats are from a Miata? hmmm that’s interesting. How do they work? My oldest son is a car designer and good friends with Tom Matano.
How come J-L no longer has albums for each member? That’s a shortcoming IMO.
I remember that Pastel Green color as the inside of our school buses in the early ‘60s. Just sayin’…

Page taken from the spring 2019 Classic Jaguar Trim catalog, BAS International out of S. Wales in the UK.

Ahh…thank you. You refreshed my memory. The page I recall was from Skinner Interiors. Slightly different arrangement.

When I did my restoration I was planning on using the car’s original colors, opalescent silver blue over red, until I saw the inside cover of an SNG catalog showing BRG over swede green. I obsessed over it being too much green, but in the end bit the bullet. I even doubled down with a green hood. Have not regretted it for a minute.

BTW, my first E in 67 was black over red, which I thought was stunning, and still do. I seldom see a sports car nowadays painted black, perhaps because black shows every minute body flaw.

Rod

2 Likes

The new (now not so new, as we’ve been using it for nearly 4 years) forum software is a customized version of a standard forum software package - which is why the format may look familiar to you from other sites. The old forum software was a one-off package, which had become unmaintainable. The member photos albums of that package were really a workaround for the fact that photos could not be included in forum posts. The current forum software supports embedded photos, so the primary need for member photo albums has gone. Though the posts from the old forum have been imported into the new forum software, the photos have not. You can still access the old forum software at jag-lovers.org, and check out the old photo albums there, though some photos may not display. The new forum also has a more flexible search system (the magnifying glass symbol at the top RH corner) which should help you find previously posted material from both version of the forum. To learn more about the new forum software, there is an entire forum (“Category” in the terminology used here) called “User Guides” that will answer a lot of questions about how to do things here: User Guides and How-Tos - Jag-lovers Forums

Thank you David. I already earned my Advanced User Certificate, and I’ll be going to the How-to Guides. I was just curious as I find it interesting and enlightening to click on a User and see his personal car photos. So only those who were on the old system have pics one can find. While I was a member back in 2003, my membership then doesn’t show up. Any, we digress. Thank you. Scot