Jerry Mouton, RIP

Some really sad news today:

Really sad.

Thanks to modern technology, Jerry will live on forever with his knowledge and helpful information in these forum pages. He helped me a lot!

That is devastating news, Jerry was a great guy and a great resource so
very knowledgeable. I even have some of Mik’s crunched Bonnet parts in my
bonnet resto. It must be devastating for his family to happen so sudden and
unexpected. At least he went out doing what he loved. RIP

Very sad to hear this. A good guy and will be missed by all of us.

Such sad news. His presence here will be missed for so many reasons.
Condolences to the family.

Best, Alan

This is a massive loss for all who knew and loved Jerry, who was very high on my list of nicest persons I have ever known. To say he will be missed is an understatement for sure but I really don’t know what else to say.

Jim

Oh my god: I am devastated…Jerry was such a decent guy, and I am simply shocked beyond words.

This is really devastating news. Honestly, I opened the link expecting a report of car trouble or something similar. A very sad day in the jaguar community. At least he visited his son the day prior.

Rest in Peace, Jerry

Craig

Jerry helped me with my restoration and was a good friend to me in the years since. I will miss him.

That sad news was the last thing I expected to read here. RIP Jerry.

Sorry to hear the news about Jerry his wisdom helped me in many ways thru the years.

Almost unbelievable Ray! What a really incredible shock this is. Such a
good guy. Just don’t know what else to say. My sincerest condolences to
his family.

It was good to read that he passed away peacefully in his sleep.

Rest well Jerry.

I always thought Jerry and I could get to the bottom of our rear gear ratio preferences if we could just do some competitive street racing/performance testing. I think he’d have gone for it. This is devastating news. If there is an E type sainthood, Jerry is one of the guys who gets in.No one loved their car more than Jerry. Godspeed Jerry.
Crap,…so full of life.

I didn’t know Jerry and still somehow I did. He will be missed.

I never met Jerry, but valued his wise counsel and hoped I could make an Oil Leak at some time in the future. We will all miss his encyclopedic knowledge which he shared so willingly. Sad and shocked. Paul

I only new Jerry through this site, but his personality shined through in his writing, and

my thoughts are with his friends and family.

I don’t know what to say

I am stunned and can’t really process it. Jerry was a most valued expert here and was always willing to chime in to lend a helping hand. Like others have said, I didn’t really know him but I really did. He is missed already.

Very sad news.
My deepest condolences to the Mouton family.

Surprised and sorry to learn of Jerry’s death.
Happy for his son that they had had a recent visit.
I enjoyed reading his posts as he had great knowledge of the E Type.

My condolences to his entire family.

Joel.

1 Like