MkV Salisbuy axle wire wheels

I kept expecting Noddie and Big Ears to hop out of it!:grin:

I bought my car as a basket case but the one thing the previous owner had done was to strip it and paint it. In general I think the wire wheels should be the same colour as the body and my favourite body colour is black. That said, I was always very attracted by Prince Michael’s car with its silver painted wheels.

My initial intention when I bought my black and cream car was to repaint it all black but I grew to like it and opted for the easy life. In general I want my car to give the impression of a 1930s car without any nasty modern components that would break the illusion. I have resisted having any modern components such as lights, batteries, coils, alternators electric fans etc, etc but I don’t care about concours so I can live with my non-original paint scheme.

Peter

2 Likes

It’s beautiful and very, very English.

2 Likes

Thanks Tim, The roads aren’t always flooded.

Peter :wink:

1 Like

Well, this has been fun; we’ve passed this football around and around the group, trying to help first Bo and then Gerhard decide what to do with their cars.
For myself, I like wide whitewalls on my disc wheel cars, but not on those with wire wheels.
Ultimately you are the one who looks at your car most often, so unless your main concern is resale price, you might best do what pleases you.

1 Like

And again I am suddenly struck by a desire for strawberry ice cream! :smiley:

1 Like

…ala mode, with vanilla ice cream!

I totally agree, Rob. I think that for the cars which were offered with wire wheels, black walled tyres provides enough of a contrast. Disc wheels on cars such as the MKV, MKVII, MKIII & MKIX were the only option while wire wheels weren’t, most likely for an aesthetic reasons, by Sir William. In that instance, white walls do provide a nice optional contrast. So to take it back to the original thread, stay with what Sir William sensibly offered.

Peter is right that the wire wheels on the SS & MKIV cars did have the option of stove enamel grey which does provide a nice contrast.

Tim