New old guy Just joined the group

I’m sure they did them for other models.
I’ve got most of a set for my XJC which is based on a SWB

X300, do I compare thee to a rose, and the VDP ummm daffodil…but i love it…It,s history and as all classic cars will never to be repeated Its our duty to look after them as well as we can Then someone else to look after later on, when Im gone to the garage in the sky.

I think Im going to need an alternator

Enjoy the ride young man!
Looks great
gtjoey1314

I loved all my x300, this series 2 will be fun and get you away from the tv…:slight_smile:
Enjoy the rare ride.
gtjoey1314

Here’s a Vanden Plas worker doing material seats back in the 70s

2 Likes

Is that a VdP Daimler rear seat back? Leather equipped VdP had individual rear seating arrangement and wider pleats. Nothing in that pic screams VdP to me.

That fabric interior is magnificent. There’s no way in hell it is not factory. The detail on the arm rear would have been lost if someone had done it later.

1 Like

The photo of the guy making a seat is probably doing a DS420, which was made at Vanden Plas when it was still in London. Here is a blue velour DS420 seat…

2 Likes

Anthony, You post a photo, make statement. No problem, your privilege. Taking umbrage at someone questioning you is not a sign of civil discussion, however. This is unimportant in the big scheme of things, but somewhere down the line, someone may take opinion or unsubstantiated claims as proof positive of something and it then becomes perpetuated as fact. I don’t know one way or the other, and certainly make no claims about ANYTHING as 100% fact , because what I think I know may be incorrect. We all follow this forum to become better informed. These are discussions, not dogma, please don’t take offence so readily. This is not a personal criticism.

2 Likes

Thanks for the photo …it’s nice to see a tiny bit of history

1 Like

Hi,

Love the bar cabinet with the 8-track stereo and clock. Contemporary meets the establishment.:slight_smile:

Cheers!

what about Morello cherry…

Amethyst metallic code KDB 274 The black is a peel able rubberised product (Plasti Dip) it leaves the surface covered as it was when the product was applied, so either a brand new surface or repaired it doesn’t affect anything, no damage… just peel it off when necessary…

I‘d have painted the boot lid instead of the vertical part but it doesn’t look that bad - beats repainting properly I guess. Maybe I should have done that too… do you think it lasts?
The matte black over the red looks really good I have to admit.

Thank you I‘ll give it a try some time!

OK the reason I covered the car the way it is was simply these areas under the black have been repaired and I wasn’t able to respray the car as yet… so I did what I’ve done

Sounds good to me I won’t go to shows, was more thinking about some other projects, the finish is great.
Not sure why you deleted the posts but I‘ll remember what you said that‘ll do.

When your ready call me

Saved the number, thank you very much, good idea to delete it again even though the robots going through the site as they do will probably not get that the country code is missing. If I have a plasti dip project I‘ll definitely give you a call.