New old guy Just joined the group

great Im here to help when you need it or just before you fork out on product talk to me thank you anthony

1 Like

probably the same reason you dont go to shows…

have you seen my page on facebook hundred there to see how its come on and why

Just found this in my magazines (Classic Jaguar)
Google Photos
It’s a late xjc low mileage original condition

1 Like

Hi Anjum,

Did you intend this for the " Cloth Interior XJ6C 1975 ……. Original?" thread?

If so, I guess we could move it there, ok?

Cheers!

PS. A professional shot with a flash (or several) I think, or could that really be with a lighter blue vinyl and lighter blue carpets? I am doubtful, but it’s not impossible, I just looked that until August 1975 Jaguar did have a “French Blue” interior colour which was lighter and more saturated than my car’s “Dark Blue” (#2J50041DN) build date January 23rd 1975. And definitely an original looking cloth interior which I have seen even on a RHD Daimler Double Six Coupé.

No, meant for Oscar, although it may be relevant there as well.

Ahh, ok. Good.

Cheers!

1 Like

thank you for the photo it helps me understand that a buyers choice had some cars supplied leather and some cloth Once again thank you nice to see …anthony (oscar)

1 Like

This is mine I asked if this VDP finish was well legit…seems it was

1 Like

I inspected a 1972/73 series 1 Daimler DD6 VDP last year. It has exactly the same interior but in poor condition. One or more previous owners were smokers, there were multiple ash burnt holes in the seat covers.

Hi,

Yes, I remember. But Anjum’s photo was of a 2-door coupe. (And Jaguar, not a Daimler)

Yours looks like a normal Vanden Plas interior, but done in “West of England” cloth. I have never seen that light colour before, very light and nice, and amazingly well preserved. Yes, cloth was optional, but quite rare in Europe.

Cheers!

A classic clue as to pipe smokers. A work mate enjoyed his. But, not happy as to the burnt spots on his jacket!!!

Thanks for the comments guys, its something I’ve grown used to, but I might have chosen leather if asked, but I wasn’t ,so it is how it is …

To each his/her own. I appreciate what you’ve done for the old automobile. Very nice. Your taste is your own. You don’t need to justify it. Another love affair in the making.

I am very much admiring the Antimacassars over the back seats (apologies to our non-native English speakers, it’s a word to describe the removable covers that go over the tops of seats, in the old days it would stop hair oil getting on your chair).

They look to be too well matched to NOT be factory, which opens up the possibility that VDP had a facory option for Antimacassars which the owner specified. I love the idea of that, surely no other car in the world would have that on the options list.

1 Like

Thanks for noticing those covers So here’s the thing I was looking though some old photos of my mums house and noticed the white linen covers over the backs of the settee…also 1st class anything travel wise throw these covers on to make us feel important and respectful… .I’ve got issues with the tops of the back seats, in as much as they are torn…, I dont know why their torn, but they are.As I only had enough of the original material in a box rolled up (supplied with the car) I decided to copy the idea I’m all for new, but this car is my way of a celebration to its history, age, and all the blemishes that we all pick up over the years…I made them, and job done…, they dont need to come off ever no one is going to sit in the back ever.and as long as its mine they stay as…Thanks again for the comment

I was considering putting a VP in a Dark red edged in gold, in the middle of both ,but I’ve gone off that, as I think its too much, and not necessary…

Looking at the underbody. Oscar; the ‘frayed’ seam - some rustproofing sealing may pay off to prevent (further) rusting? And there is a suspicious round hole - a grommet missing?

You have all possible reasons to celebrate…:slight_smile:

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

There’s no accounting for taste and all that, but I dunno how any saloon owner can look at those big outboard headlights and not say, “Hey, I want those!”

Thank you… I did see that seam before posting the photo, explanation below… ,as for hole I think its a low point in the boot for water drainage, or as I cant remember,why, but I did undo the spare wheel thingy from the boot floor, maybe its that we can see as a hole all my drainage holes have open grommets.thanks… Oscar