New to Jaguar community

nice. You’re about an hour north of me. My car is a NW car. I found out on mine that our cool moist climate kept the car actually in quite good shape, regarding hoses and things not drying out or overheating. The cooling system was also in quite good shape.

Only issue I found from our climate, lots of tiny bits of corrosion here and there on electrical connections. Some things started working again with use, others had to be cleaned or replaced.

A Viper for ten or a ford V10. Nine, aircraft, I guess…

Welcome aboard…

My Haynes manual served to enhance my confusion. It has lain dormant for decades…

What a disappointment, as I bought it not long after getting my Jaguar…

Carl

Craig ,i just bought the r1 s also 235 60 15 did you put the white out or in I’m still up in air . Mark get the green shop manual it helps in my opinion. I also watch Living with a classic on the u tube its nice to see someone else do what you’re going to do first then when you get in there and actually do it you kind of have an idea of what to expect . Good luck and welcome.

Rob,

I too seriously considered RWL out, but the car already looks so classy with the silver birch and two-tone wheels that I finally decided white side out might detract, so I chose classy black out over the sporty RWL but honestly, would look great either way. This is with the old BF Goodrich I acquired the car with; haven’t got pictures with the Galaxy R1’s yet.

So this photo is with 235 60 R15 ?

Yes. I’ll try to get a photo with the 245 60 R15’s today, but they are only a smidge wider and still fit perfectly…maybe 1/2" taller than the BF Goodrich, but then again, the Goodrich were worn.

Thanks for the recommendation, the book was great!
What a complex car. I wanted a project and I sure got one.

Thanks again.

Mark

2 Likes

thanks, I just got new tyres, the old ones were 29!! years old.

1 Like

Do you have the wood trim for the shifter console for an 84 XJS?

What did you get,i just covered all my wood trim with Kevlar look wrap,the only thing still wood is the shift bullets,and I’m a carpenter and cabinet builder go figure

Ah… the shoemaker’s offspring!

People, when interviewing me way back in the day when I worked on cars, would want to see one of my cars, to see what I knew how to do, and I said, "no no no no no you don’t want to see my car! Let me show you some customer cars… "

Welcome to J-L! So we can assume you’ll be picking up a Viper and 1930’s V16 Cadillac soon? Or will you be stepping it up instead to an Audi R8 and a Veryon?

I am painfully aware that I have not also owned a 10 and 16 cylinder vehicle, and you can rest assured that if a Viper or Bugatti should show up on Craigslist and I can get one for $800, I will jump at the chance.

3 Likes

What kind of tires did you settle on?

Wiggles same with me ,kitchen going 6 years bathroom 2 last thing i want to do is work on my house ,now to the point in life its easier to just hire someone.

Falkin 215 70 15 for $88 each. I decided to go with OE spec size.

Like I used to tell people when you do it all day for a living it ceases to be a hobby nites and weekends.

I ran those from 2014 to a couple of months ago. Very happy with them. Decided to change to 225.60 R15. Wait for spring to drive on them! See if there is a difference.