Pray for your Friend Ray Livingstone's house and shop

Update 10:15 AM saturday 22nd

David has just received the “evacuation” notice.
My side of the road has been updated to “warning”. Below is a copy of the message I just sent out to our HOA in case we have to evacuate…

-quote-
Things change quickly
East of the Grade at our location has just turned to “red, evacuate”.
We have just been updated to “yellow, warning”.
There has been an option discussed where we could drive out through the bottom, across the field and out the road to CV Road. The ground is dry/hard enough for that to work if that option is still available and if the three exits to the Grade are blocked.
I have also just heard (unsubstantiated) that the reason we were put on “warning” is due to the electrical storm which is expected later today? tomorrow?
isn’t it the old Chinese saying that goes, “May you live in interesting times”.
Stay tuned…

-endquote-

LLoyd

Society has discovered discrimination as the great social weapon by which one may kill men without any bloodshed.
Hannah Arendt

That’s what I like about you Paul, always looking on the bright side (no pun intended), a “glass full” kinda guy. We have been looking at houses on both sides of the county (Santa Clara) and both are now hot zones, the wife and I have extended offers of shelter now to three friends who are getting evacuation warnings. Never seen anything even close to that in the 44 years that I have lived here. And now they are saying more dry lightning expected Sunday/Monday, damn that is so rare around here and two weeks in a row?

I add my prayers and best wishes to Ray and family and to his stufff.

Ray… I’m soooo jealous. :wink:
LLoyd

Society has discovered discrimination as the great social weapon by which one may kill men without any bloodshed.
Hannah Arendt

Just read all of this.
Must admit, the news in England has been so depressing/boring over the last couple of months I have been avoiding news full stop.

The Fairman family are praying for rain on SOCal Ray.

1 Like

Ray,

I’m glad to hear your house is OK and your family is safe. Sorry to hear about your neighbors. We live just north of you, in Half Moon Bay, and are keeping an anxious eye on the north end of the same fire.

2020 is turning out to be quite the year. Stay safe.

The news here is the same… maybe worse.

I too, am hoping against hope that the fire situation, all over out West, gets some breaks from the heat and drought.

Can we get a do-over?

:confused:

I’m not sure I would test that. We are 3/4 of the way through. :scream:

1 Like

No, but you may deduct one year off of your official age. No way 2020 should count for any of us.

3 Likes

Oh great: that puts me back to… 62.

I feel soooo much better.

:wink:

1 Like

True… it could be worse.

Aiiiiiieee.

Gunnar,

You’re just up in Half Moon Bay, and we’ve never gotten together for a beer? WTF? We need to fix that when this is over!

2 Likes

We certainly do, we’re practically neighbors!

All it took… was a catastrophe!

:grimacing:

1 Like

Ray, Gunner, the same thought just crossed my mind…

Hannah Arendt

Praying to the rain gods.

1 Like

Update 2:06 PM Sat. 22nd

Just sent out to our HOA:
-quote-

Try again, Schmeds…:grimacing:

Our thoughts are with all of you near these terrible fires. Stay safe.
Tom