Starter Motor Question

No. first, I have none. I don’t like them Emergency only at best.
No time issue and the charger easily hooked up. And the charger gives me data as well.

However, thanks.

Carl

Similar SM problem with my 1966 series 1 E type 4.2 coupe 2+2. There is a click from the SM but no engine turnover. The dashboard ammeter gauge leaps to a maximum discharge. The headlights are unaffected. I have installed a new battery, new earth and + leads. Please advise.

One thing I would check is using a volt meter when the key is turned to start that you get 12 volts to the starter solonid wire. If the voltage is lower it will cause the starter to just click. Could be a bad key switch.

Hi,

Maybe not in your case, the starter can of course also have an issue, since your amneter shows full (30A?) discharge. But in my ex S1 1966 4.2 2+2 the issue that was bugging me for years turned out to be a poor connection (oxidation) on the ammeter.

99% of all electric problems are due to earthing problems, engine to chassis/body, battery to body and various components like the ammeter or lamps to earth / body.

Before pulling the starter best to test with high quality jumper / start cables.

Cheers!