The Jackard: A 1937 Packard Convertible with a 1962 Jaguar XK 3.8L motor

now that you mention it, I think they have have some sort of fibre

I will take pictures with measurements and report back

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Some progress today. Installed the new plug wire and conduit set. The conduit was missing when I got it, only the remnants of the old brackery was left under the head bolts.

Also replaced the cam cover gaskets, new crush washers and replace some of the rusty acorn nuts.

Slowly coming along.

1 Like

Why not take the filter housing to the tractor supplies and see if they have any filters that would suit, second until the filter situation is resolved the mixture will end up being richer once the filter is in play.
On the subject of Kapoc, I heard, correct or old wives tale I’m unsure, that after a period of time the kapoc in the life preservers became water logged and caused the wearer, presumable dead by now, to sink. This was when they were used during the wars.

Does anyone have a source for these
air intake drain fittings? I am missing one.

The part number is C8243, but you could just use a barbed hose fitting such as this one:

(I have a spare air horn myself but it is missing both of them)

Thank you for the part number!

I don’t know for certain, but based on experience, I would think that those fittings will be British Standard Pipe. Tapered, BSPT, if there is no gasket, Straight, BSPP, (last P is for Parallel in the British nomenclature) if there is a gasket. In 1/4 & 3/8 size British BSP is 19 tpi while NPT is 18 tpi. For certain this applies to all of the threaded vacuum and coolant ports in the intake manifold.

1 Like

I wonder if a grease fitting would work if I remove the check ball. When I first saw the existing fitting, that is what I thought it was.

Not sure if the existing threads are good. So I may have to retap anyway. I have a bin of misc grease fittings.

I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t… That’s a brilliant idea!

Is this what you are looking for?

Yes, those little drain fittings!

I have two on another intake. Where are you located?

I’m just outside of the Chicago area. Anything you could spare would be wonderful!

Thanks!

-Kev

PM me your address to jphar234@gmail.com. I’m in NC

1 Like

Sent! Thank you so much.

…this string reminded me of ol’ “Bad Chad” and his Jaguar powered Bugatti replica

WE JUST DROPPED THE JAGUAR ENGINE ON THE BUGATTI :scream: - YouTube

Just watched that video. Pretty neat. In my opinion I would have liked to see if with the earlier polished aluminum cam covers. I’ve seen one of thr real Bugatti’s at the Mullin museum in Oxnard CA and its simply gorgeous. Pretty sure I wouldn’t even be able to fit in the car.

1 Like

It looks good but I think from memory its mainly been bogged to he#@ and back.

1 Like

sorry for the delay

The filter has a wire exterior, but I would describe the inner as some sort of woven cloth, its still pretty good, but showing its maybe 70yr age