Trip Computer Documentation

Hi everyone.

Can somebody point me to a Bernard or a Sean’s type website that discusses the frequency of the pulses that feed the 80’s XJ-S trip computer. Thanks

Hi. Yes I found that article, where he make reference to another article involving a 555 timer. THAT is the article I’m looking for, which is not listed on his site.

Im looking for a paragraph that describes how many pulses it takes to define a given distance

My experience seems to indicate the XJS speedo wants 16k pulses per mile. If that helps.

PS: Another thought if you are building something custom: Any decent tire website will tell you the rotations per mile of your specific tire. Then you just need to decide how many pulses per rotation you want.

OK, thats a good start. I want to emulate the signal to drive the trip computer so I can then clone it.

somewhere out in the vastness of the internet is an article that discusses how the pulses are generated and processed, and there is a “trick” to it. I appear to have lost that article, dang

Search for DAC4591, which is the part number of the transducer that reads the signal from the differential. Might turn something up.

Is this what you are looking for? XJ6 vs XJS, but goes into the nuances of the trip computer.

http://www.backglass.org/duncan/jag/ifu/