V8 Engine Swap in my 76 XJ6C

So I am now ready to start the Corvette TPI install in my XJ6C. I come to find out the oil pan has to be replaced with a non Corvette 305 or 350 camaro or truck oil pan because the Corvette oil pan will not clear the steering rack or crossmember. I found a pair of interjag engine swap motor mount bases at wrecking yard but they seem to be too short and the angle is also not lining up with engine motor mounts. So my friend is modifying the interjag mounts to fit. I have ordered the new engine harness from Helm in Michigan, I should be receiving it by end of this week so I can get started installing it this weekend.

1 Like

Cool Be sure to post some pics on your progress? What tranny are you using?

The leadig suppliers of GM to jag mounts are jaguar Specialties and Johns cars. others in the
older days.

Can you post pictures. Mine came from johns cars and fit just right. but, attach to the block a bit differentlly. More forward and thusly, the engine is further back.

Altering the pan is not beyond doable if needed Mine did not need any. but, my power is LT1.

Read jaguar Specialties web site. Similat conversions there by the owner. Andrew Weinberg… Good guy. always helpful…

Carl

yes pics please!
good luck with the swap
as mentioned above i have used John’s cars for a carb 350 chebby conversion many moons ago and andrew’s kit for an ls1 swap recently.
both good kits.
Andrew always answered the phone if i had a question
is the TPI platform still being supported?