What did you do to your E-Type today? (Part 1)

Guess I need to get a pressure tester and snoop around the cylinders to check that. But if a gasket leak, it would be odd that all but one would be affected.

When you go that far, I just automatically replace rings and bearings. Small price to pay in the big picture.

LLoyd

Wherever space and time interact, there is information, and wherever information can be ordered into knowledge, and knowledge can be applied, there is intelligence.
Pavel Mirsky, mid 21st Century Russian General

1 Like

Hey Larry
Can you share a link to the camera you bought on Amazon?
Thanks!
Robert

Bob,

This one maybe? I bought it myself. Worked fine with my phone. Careful though, you don’t always like what you see :wink:

1 Like

And the one I bought which I’m quite happy with. Ortz brand.

Larry I am curious what the spark plug looked like that came out of number 5 ?

David
68 E-type FHC

Hmmmm… “Endoscope”, is that the kind used by my proctologist?

LL… Joe

Wherever space and time interact, there is information, and wherever information can be ordered into knowledge, and knowledge can be applied, there is intelligence.
Pavel Mirsky, mid 21st Century Russian General

Thanks, but I use an iPhone and this one works on Android devices only. :cry:

No, your proctologist uses the 2" diameter one… :laughing:

1 Like

It was darker than the others and slightly wet.

Finally, I’ve found the good parts to manage the BMW getrag gearbox from my S3.

3 Likes

That’s exactly the one I bought

Sigh…all that room:grin:

1 Like

Are you happy with the getrag ?

Rearranging the car parts shelf and lifted the brake vacuum tank today and poured THIS all over me. I assume it is brake fluid? Dirty but appears to have originally been red. The beginning days of exploring my car, I also found red fluid in the carburetors.

Found 4 oz. in it.

Your booster/servo started to fail and the fluids were being sucked into vacuum canister.

1 Like

And subsequently into the engine causing some smoke when braking.
Don’t ask how I know :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think this car might need some restoration work :wink:

I’ve found that the fibre washers need to “set” after getting soaked with fuel after the first use. After that I retighten the connection and have no more leaks.

Took her in for inspection and she passed. Another year of e type adventures await.

1 Like