What did you do to your E-Type today? (Part 1)

Chris, I confess that I may have been out for a Friday night curry in London once or twice…the satire here is spot-on

Hi Frank. The company is Clocks4Classics.com. I wrote a complete thread about the rebuild here:

https://forums.jag-lovers.com/t/revisiting-jaguar-clock-repair-the-smiths-gold-plated-contacts-conundrum/394095

You won’t be disappointed!

5 weeks recuperating from thumb joint replacement. now on third progressively smaller cast/splint. would love to work on the car, can’t do sh**. type 1 finger with offhand.

1 Like

Typing with one finger. Isn’t that how we all do it? :thinking:

1 Like

Better than I used to do: I now type with two fingers, each hand.

Used to be only with one hand…:crazy_face:

As long as we’re taking this side trip, thanks to high school typing class, I can type with all nine remaining fingers. When I was at the small northern MN ER 12 years ago after doing a 95% amputation of my left index finger with a table saw and the nurse was doing triage to try to decide if they should transport me somewhere else to try to reattach it, she asked me what I did for a living and whether or not it required typing. I told her I was a lawyer and I typed on my computer every day. When I looked at the paperwork after it was all over, it said “Occupation: Typist.” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And now an “E Typist”…

2 Likes

“I fought the saw and saw won”

3 Likes

Finally done with the painting and have the E-type back together. :rofl:

1 Like

Cant really render an opinion, till we see the door shut gaps…:laughing:

Not today, but over the last week, i rebuilt the clutch master cylinder, took the distributor apart to make the vacuum advance work, and replaced the upper and lower ball joints. When my mangled hands are better i will do some more chores. I only have a short time that i am able to work on the car, so i have to make the best of it.

1 Like

Oh, man… I feel your pain.

:confused:

I’ll render an opinion… I ain’t ascairt… the photo looks awesome and you wouldn’t paint it without the shut lines being acceptable… Paul’s just jealous cuz I get the first ride.

1 Like

I think you’ve left out half the spokes??

2 Likes

That helps, I was wondering what all those little needle like things were.

1 Like

can’t. weatherstrip is missing

1 Like

John, Do you get in it right-foot first? Left-foot? Backside first? (My 2+2 is 9/16" longer, so it’s a piece of cake with my trim figure.)

1 Like

I dive into these things head first. :smile:

My first attempt at installing lock wire on the front calipers. Maybe a little more practice required…

4 Likes

Yessir, I think so :thinking:
But we all started there one time.