What did you do to your E-Type today? (Part 1)

…adventure.

:slightly_smiling_face:

The wife and I eat much less red meat than before: we do a fair amount of chicken, and we both like various versions of veggie burgers.

As for it getting cold? It’s not far from the back verandah to the table…:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

they will send individual tubes I thought only sets? they are pre bent?

AT 35 POUND FOR 225 Gms of rib eye…only served well done…I can understand why.

what is with the well done only thing, is it a public health law or something?

was there for 10 days. got rained on every day.

I feel your pain, even steaks cooked ‘rare’ turn up with not a hint of pinkness anywhere. As for the price, if your visit was recent, we live in strange times.

And the rain? What were you expecting?

I thought it would be like New England which during the whole visit was 80 F and totally sunny.

and I ask about the law because the pub guys would say right out…it only come s one way…Well done

There should be a law: if you hate steak, dont eat it…:grin:

Me? I want it so if you apply some iodine and a Band-Aid, the beast’ll get up and walk away.

Blue, as said in Orstraaaalia.

Or…
Cut off its horns, and wipe its arse!

2 Likes

The last time we we re in London we ate at a place near Harrods that was recommended for their steaks. Ruth’s Chris it wasn’t. I’d rate it more as Golden Corral quality.

:nauseated_face:. :face_vomiting:

I don’t think I’ve ever had a decent steak in England. It always seem to be more like the horrid salted beef on the HMS Victory during Nelson’s era.

1 Like

I failed to complete my earlier post. I meant to add, “Clearly they don’t do steak as well as other foods over there.” Everything else we had while there was first rate, IMO. With a modest expenditure of effort you could find anything you wanted to try.

Agree. I’ve had some great meals in England. Steak hasn’t been one of them, though. But I have had some wonderful steak in Scotland.

Last November when we were in London we had a meal at the Wolseley on Picadilly. It is on the site of an old Wolseley automobile dealership! I had a steak and although not the best steak I’ve ever had it was very good and properly cooked (rare/medium-rare). The rest of the meal was top-notch. If ever in London I would recommend it, but it does require reservations.

1 Like

I’d been gone for a day or two and saw that there were about 50 new posts in this thread. I thought “wow, everyone must be doing a lot with their cars!” Um, no . . . :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Hey!

I fixed a seat mount bolt on the Rover, and vacuumed it out, plus took it out for a pleasant, early-am drive!

That count?

:grimacing:

Reminds me of an old joke:

What’s the definition of heaven?
A place where the the mechanics are German, the police are English and the chefs are French.

What’s the definition of hell?
A place where the mechanics are French, the police are German and the chefs are English

2 Likes

Yesterday, we went for a little bimble along the Jurassic Coast. We picnicked on top of one of the highest peaks (only 600ft above the crashing waves), while the latest storm approached these septic isles. “I bet you’ve won the car of the carpark competition!” one admiring chap said to me. I usually do.

If you look closely at the first of these images you will be able to see some of the seven huge cruise ships currently at anchor in Weymouth bay. Some of these ships would normally have up to 5,000 holidaymakers plus crew on board. The second image shows a hard limestone shelf at the tide line, a feature of this stretch of coastline. And the last image is the car of the carpark competition winner, owners celebrating with a cup of tea!

There were no other classics, let alone classic Jags on the road. No MGBs, no oddball Brit saloons from the 1950s.

Anyway, back to the current topic on this thread. You can get a decent steak in Blighty. I’ll correct that, you can get an excellent steak in Blighty. Gauchos serve the best Argentinian sourced meat at very expensive restaurants across the land. I’ve experienced their service in the Sloane St, London restaurant. The selection of meat, still dripping red, was brought to the table. We selected our preferred cuts which were then cooked to perfection, and, with a suitable Argentinian wine, we enjoyed Blighty’s best steak. They also serve vegetables.

2 Likes

Tom, I bought a clock who was rusted inside, so dismantle the hole clock, now I have put it together, but did not know there was a replacement for it, to change it to digital. Thanks.
Where can I buy this repair set? Because I have 2 clocks, one positive and negative.
Frank.

Final word on English cuisine. A group of Asian (that’s India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka in British English) comics had a show called Goodness Gracious Me. One sketch was ‘Going out for an English’. This is a piss take on going out for a curry, which is the Brit’s favourite meal - not fish and chips or a steak or a burger.

Back to E-Types…

2 Likes

It does. And I replaced the fuel pump and lines on a Suburban, which as you likely know is not a pleasant job, involving dropping the tank. (In my case multiple times)