What did you do to your E-Type today? (Part 1)

Keep at it Scott…. I have an advantage of having no other responsibilities to distract me
Cheers
Danny

3 Likes

On it’s wheels today just need to connect up brake and fuel lines

And pump up tyres :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Danny, as I’m fiddling with the IRS mounts to play with handling effects, are there any simple changes that would make assembly easier?

230407 diff mt

Moved to a more appropriate location for any discussion arising:

No not really Clive…The stiffness of the rubber makes the fitting …no matter the model ( of the IRS Jaguars ) it’s a relatively difficult job to fit the mounts.
It would be difficult to make them softer to fit but keep the stiffness required.

Too difficult for me.

I’m deleting the ears with redundant holes on my test parts, hope that doesn’t cause any functional concern. I know that’s the recommended place to hang a piece of wire to conjure up moonbeams while setting rear alignment, I’m sure we clever people can find another way.

So does that mean that they become handed?

Not unless I’ve done something really dumb. Always possible, the picture above shows how they should look.

Clive I looked the picture and maybe it’s me …. But there is no way shown to hold onto the cage other than the bolt on the bottom plate …. The ears are for bolting to the cage so that it’s attached with 3 bolts …. The mounts are made with them on both sides to so that it doesn’t matter which side you use

No it’s me, I’ve done something dumb. I didn’t understand the attachment and misunderstood the reply when I questioned it recently. It makes a lot more sense now.

But I did make it easier to install!
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Whew thought I got it wrong …here are some photos that might help

Thanks, that view makes it clear. I was focussed on the mount itself, had not seen the installation from that direction

1 Like

And deinstall on the fly ….that would be exciting :joy::rofl::scream:

I reinstalled my speedometer with newly upgraded clock (thanks to Mike Eck) earlier today. Now, if the Easter Bunnies would finish my dash top and rebuilding my Blaupunkt Frankfurt, I could get back on the road.

1 Like

Nice Bonnie as well!

Thanks.
I’m obviously committed to old English road oilers.
However I just added an old Italian leaker to the fleet

3 Likes

Lovely car: has it got a pan guard on it?

Oil pan guard ? Yessir.

And a diaper under it ,the gearbox and diff :blush:

2 Likes

I had a red one in 1971…I really enjoyed that car!

That is a 1971 1750.

Yep, exactly like mine.