What did you do to your Saloon today

That will bugger it up, for sure. Should have read more carefully.

Installed a leather cover today on my Mark-2 steering wheel. It takes about an hour and a half to complete the job, but I think it came out looking great.

4 Likes

Nice to see you’ve kept your original steering wheel.

Very nice Glenn , I’ve always felt that these steering wheels need something a little more substantial to grip . Think I might get one for mine :+1:

1 Like

I ordered mine from moss motors if anyone wants to check it out.

There you go , same steering wheel cover , same company , only in the UK , it’s £72 .40 . I think the phrase is "go figure " .

That looks like a Wheelskins cover. I have them on the Mk2 and the XJ6. The extra thickness is nice.

So I opened the referred site - it is indeed a Wheelskins cover. Mine look new and have been fitted for years.

Got my new-rebuilt head painted with RAL6027, so far so good!

3 Likes

Well done - only snag is the steering wheel has ended up on the wrong side of the car - might need a do over.

2 Likes

He’s back. And he works.

But i have a coolant leak that needs investigation. It’s not much but it’s too much.

1 Like

Put my S Type in an indoor car show sponsored by a local car club. Show is every Father’s day weekend since 1969, Twenty other cars of all sorts were on display. This was the only Jaguar but there was everything from a 1946 Packard limo to a Crosley convertible.

5 Likes

I love it :+1:

3 Likes

Over took a car on a A road at 70mph , wife was not impressed :rofl:
Well her face was nearly when she said “speed camera” on the screen that is :grin:
Teach her to joke lol

Re: the leather steering wheel cover, Nice Job ! But I don’t recognize this dash layout. What year and model is this Jaguar ?

I’m picking its an earlier MK7/8/9

It’s not a mk8 or 9, so must be a mark7.

I stood behind the mk10 with my hands on my hips , thinking , " why won’t that offside fuel pump work" ? Got in , threw the switch , and it started pumping ! So there you go ! Jaguars eh !

1 Like

I’m calling a MKVIIM, due to the 5500RPM redline tacho, earlier MKVII had a 5200 redline

1 Like

Ahhh. Not just Jaguars, Daimlers as well :smile::smile:

When I got Mr Daimler he would cut out in the most inconvenient places but switch the ignition off & back on again and like a computer he’d work ok for a while.

I got a pump off ebay (German made, will solve all your problems, you’ll never have any trouble ever again) but it didn’t fit.

So i rang Burlen, who knew exactly what pump I needed and it arrived a few days later. No trouble fitting it and no trouble since.

So a lesson learnt.