XK150 Top Anchor Bar

My project car came without the canvas top. I need a top anchor bar – aka rear floating hood stick – to fit in the new top. Tried SNG and Welsh and they don’t carry. Moss does but it’s a 6-8 week lead time with a disclaimer that it could be longer. Does anyone know where I can get one? Or, can anyone give me a photo or drawing and dimensions so I can make one?

Do you mean the bar that catches on the two teardrops?

Patrick, check with Bill Bassett for both the anchor bar and canvass top. For my XK120, Bill had both so I had him sew the new anchor bar into the top before shipping to me. The top was then very straight forward to install, and it fit perfectly.

Try Jaguar Heaven in California

Terry does
Email me tmcgrath@bigpond.com

Certainly possible to fab one from 3/16x1 barstock if you know how to weld. But you’ll need a template from someone who has a 150 floating hood stick handy and is willing to make one for you.

Terry, how long would it take and how much?

Pat

image001.jpg

Yes

image001.jpg

yes 150 is different

big problem is postage/cost ie length but will check
I will have one here as I was getting them laser cut and in fact made all 4 versions early 120, late 120, 140 and 150 roadster

I understand. Thanks for checking Terry.

image001.jpg

Thanks Mike. I spoke with Bill and he doesn’t have any in stock.

image001.jpg

Thanks Pat. They don’t have one.

image001.jpg

I have one I bought years ago from Welsh but didn’t use. I think I paid about $200bucks or so.
What do you sell them for in Australia Terry?
Patrick, where are you in Canada? I am in Seattle. Could make a template for you.
Glen Read

Glen,

I am in upstate NY (Finger Lakes area). A template would be really helpful. Or I could buy the one you have if you wanted to let it go.

Pat

image001.jpg

Pat, you are welcome to it. I do need something I would trade it for but I can sell it too. I need the metal bow that the small tonneau cover attaches to behind the seats on the roadster.
I thought you were in Canada and complained of the shipping and import problems?

Glen,

That wasn’t me. I’m in NY and, other than questions for the forum on various things over the past 2 ½ years, I’m rarely on it.

I actually have that bow but the hinged ends are broken off. I have the bow (tonneau extension) and the ends but you would need to fix them with some kind of hinge and some welding. It was the original for my car and I replaced it. Is this something you would want? If not, how much do you want for the top anchor piece or for making the template?

Pat

image001.jpg

Pat, I went looking for the invoice from Welsh but couldn’t find it. I am pretty sure i paid about $200 bucks for it.
Yes I know what you mean on the hinged ends. Mine are broken off too as the little trangular box on the end is not there so it is impossible to attach a snap button to hold the material back from getting clipped by the door. It works OK but I have kept an eye out for one at swap meets. They want something like $375 for one to be made in England.

I have the triangular boxes with the snap buttons.

image001.jpg

So you have the ends but not the hinges?? I am getting a little confused. Perhaps you could text me a pic. I have heard it could be worth a thousand w$rds. 2063106200