Etype photos - post some of your favorites!

I really like this pic. Beautiful Opalescent Dark Blue with biscuit interior:

–Drew

2 Likes

Here’s a great one of George Harrison!

5 Likes

Sorry I like photos of MIK!

The E-Type 50th anniversary celebration at Laguna Seca, 2011. Jaguar Historic Racecars Display

MIK on the Corkscrew, Laguna Seca What is that arm doing out there?

Autocross at Golden Gate Fields.
James Creasy Photo

Jerry

1 Like

RonS,
Jerry Mouton may know the owner of that Sherwood Green coupe. May have been one he worked on.

–Drew

Drew,

Yes, I worked on a car identical to this at Images for auction last year. I really loved the color too! Still do. It was a perfect example. Sold for maybe $75,000 less than we though it should bring, and the reason might have been the color. More likely it was the specific people present at that auction.

No, I don’t know who bought it. but they got a deal! There are many E-Type colors that I don’t care for, but I really do like Sherwood Green. This car was the first I had seen it on and it was a surprise! The chassis on a roller in new paint was a stunner!

Jerry

Since we’re posting pix of our own cars (this one now in the hands of a friend).
pauls

2 Likes

The thread is for whatever you believe is a gorgeous picture of our favorite subject: E types!

Here’s another offering:

1 Like

Look close, there IS a car in the picture.

2 Likes

3.8 litre E type Lake Gairdner South australia 170 plus miles per hour

2 Likes

1 Like

Aw yes, the Traveling Wilbury.

A pic of my ex '62 when I’d just got it finished in 1998:-

And how it was not long before:-

5 Likes

Clive, I resemble that post.

1 Like

A beautiful example of the “lightline” running unbroken from front to back. Something you rarely see on cars today.

Thanks, John. When I did the bodywork, it was my intention to try to get those highlight lines as straight as possible because I had looked at so many poorly restored E-Types at shows. Restorations are generally a lot better now, I think.

I don’t know if it’s noticeable in that photo but this is one of the early cars built before the Coupe rear bodywork was all changed in '62. I guess about the time Jaguar decided they’d better tool up to meet the demand. So from the rear of the door back, the fender curves outward with a slight bulge right behind the door. On later cars, the line was straighter, matching the line of the door.

Incidentally, I’d made templates of the body contours before I started the work and was surprised to find marked differences in the curves side to side.

Neat Jeff. Looks like you did a beautiful job.

Who drove all night…

to get to you

The long straight road ahead…

Now for the other end of the spectrum… This car from all appearances was parked in this spot and rotted in two. It is a 1963. The engine, triple carbs and all are there. More pictures at www.georgiajag.com/xke.html have not decided what I am going to do with it at this point, part it out or sell as a whole. This is not a for sale listing but just some pictures to show how really nice the other XKE’s are in this thread. By the way, I believe the girl sitting on the bonnet of the white roadster is Catherine Zeta-Jones…

What white roadster? :smile:

2 Likes