Etype photos - post some of your favorites!

Ron

They tore that power plant down last year so both the building and car are gone

looks familiar… sort of…

Bob F

Hi Bob, Love the redline’s. Sets her off nicely. I’ve owned this one going on 5 yrs. Purchased from an estate sale in the middle of Iowa.Spoke to the Jag mechanic that maintained the beast…Said all is good to go. Wrong, as did have several issues. Nothing that broke the bank, however somewhat annoying ones.
Have mostly worked through all. She’s a good upscale daily driver rather than a garage queen. I buy them to drive. Took a couple 1,000 mile drives last summer. Looking forward to Springtime in the Roackie’s and get’r back on the road.

My Cat will be jealous as I just picked up a new garage mate. Bentley Azure…always wanted one & finally they are somewhat affordable.

Warm Regard’s,Todd Keleske

Thanks Todd!

yes the redlines were good looking on this color car, this car was my dads from early 70’s and he loved the Michelin Red Lines, probably because he had a TR6 before this. but those tires were a 1998 date code and they had to go. I am a driver too. my Dad only put 27K miles on the car and I am planning to add as many as I can before my days are up! I dont like the modern remake redlines tread patterns so I went with a black wall tire to try out for a while. If the car was a trailer queen I would have kept the Michelins even tho I seem to always get someone that tells me they are Triumph tires…

and nice Bentley, I am guessing the ride is a bit different than an old E-type!

Bob F

Bob, Believe it or not…The Bentley is all bought & pd for sight unseen. Purchased it via Car Gurus.The sales rep located in W. Palm Beach along with all 32 detailed photo’s convinced me it is a solid machine. “B”'s definitely have their issues that I am fully aware of. I did have a chance to contact the original owner prior to consummating the deal. Gave me thumbs-up.Will have it shipped within an enclosed transporter upon our return from our Winter residence in April or May.
Enjoy your Jag to the fullest in good health !!! BTW…Where was your Jag’s photo taken ?? Pretty area.
Best,Todd

Another beautiful E-type photo!

Wow, that’s gorgeous!!!
pauls

1 Like

Taken on a trip to BC last summer

4 Likes

…25 years suspended in limbo

1 Like

Two excellent angles in one shot. But then I’m still looking for a bad angle on an etype!

Certain things look great from all angles. :wink: and sometimes a new angle is even more thrilling. :sunglasses:

Cheers,

Pekka T. - 1S20183
Fin.

Wife and I before a “moment” on the mountain section of the Isle of Man TT circuit.

I will try posting a picture of my E-type taken in my front yard. 3rd owner. It had been maintained for almost its entire life by the 2nd owners son … who ran an exotic car garage. Like the Helms bakery truck … it hauls buns.

Nice, you must be from So CA. I remember when the bakery trucks roamed the neighborhood. Then in the 70s the old factory became an antiques showroom of some sort, just the other day I saw a clip on the news it was being used for something else but still referred to as the Helms building after all these years.
pauls

Yes I am from S. cal. Showing my age. I thought everyone used that phrase “haulin’ buns” and “Helms”. I am just learning how to use this forum. Tried to post the link to XK-120 YOUTUBE videos but don’t think I managed to do it. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDUOCITDd8JxpbL0nktk2xg

Daryl,

Hello, and welcome.

The link to your YouTube page works, it just isn’t oneboxed by the system to show a preview.

If you post a link to one of the videos then they will appear with a preview.

Thank you for the comment. I tried to start a topic and post there BEFORE the link here. I don’t think I did that successfully. I am a really high tech. geek but not on forums. It will change. Just to see what happens with a link to a video instead of a “channel” I will put one here: AHA. Live and learn. Eventually I will get some decent video up. Right now it is just experimenting. You can see two other Jaguars in one of the clips … my one-owner '71 XJ6 and '90 XJS with 14,400 miles.

2 Likes

Nice sounding engine. Quiet gearbox.