Pete Petersen's OTS for sale on BAT

Did you buy it, Andrew? I must have missed this. Nice purchase! Glad it has arrived with minimal problems.

–Drew

No, the new owner is a friend. Tweets will be hanging about with a bunch of XKs, Es, Mark-2, XJ, AM, Triumph.

The downpipe is badly mangled, but it looks like the Manifold hasn’t cracked where the studs go. Hard to tell with all the extra noise, but there was a barely audible tweet like noise, so hopefully the inelegant loading will just be a character building exercise.

1 Like

Just popped in to say how sad it wss to find out Pete Peterson has died: he and I had good conversations.

Also, thanks to Andrew Waugh for reporting on Tweety’s arrival in his new home.

Dont expect to see me here too much: my reasons for leaving are still here.

Hey there, Paul. Have your ears been burning?

We miss you, Paul. I always enjoyed your commentaries and your advice and experience was a big help to me on many occasions. We’d love to have you back!

[quote=“mgordon, post:45, topic:355151”]
We miss you, Paul. I always enjoyed your commentaries and your advice and experience…[/quote]

I’ll second that - though my experience is ‘knowing’ of you through the archives where some things you suggested have been implemented on my car (e.g. socket cap screws in place of manifold studs & nuts).

Appreciate the kind words, but it aint gonna happen.

Norhing personal against you. Its the Admin with whom I have truck.

Take care, enjoy your Jag!

Nice to hear from you again wigs, hope all is well.

In '78 I had my car shipped across country. I drove the car onto a flatbed trailer, they hauled it away. When it arrived at its new home on the truck it was sitting on top of a wooden crate. They came with a fork lift and took it down as if it were a pallet as I’m sure that was the way they got it up there too. I wasn’t pleased to see it arrive or be moved in that way but not sure it damaged the car, did flatten the down pipes which they replaced. This was a moving company, a learning experience, only ship your car by car carrier, even the worst of them would likely be better. Oh and the wooden crate the car was sitting on had also been caved in by the wheels so whatever was in that crate was likely damaged as well. I have no idea how many times they may have transferred the car in that way during its trip from the west to the east coast.
pauls

It TRULY aggrieves me that some hoon damaged Tweety: I hope the new owner takes any measure he can, against who did it.

Musta been some monkey that used to, or currently, moonlights at a breakers: they use forklifts ALL the time.

Ive been notified re: the admin changes: given that a certain miscreant was shown the airlock, and Messr Waugh is Admin, I might actually stick my head in, here and again.

Jagless, for the first time in ALL my life: feels good! It “was time,” and I now can feel confident someone will fix up the old tub in a way it deserves. I’ll stay in touch with Andrew and the new owner, and watch from afar as Tweety transitions to his/her new phase (the new owner may think of him as her, and may even remove the poiple color) and I am happy about that.

Not to worry: I am having a ball with my new/old P6 Rover: not a Jag but maybe Ill share a story or two of it, assuming all would be OK with that!

Lastly, it is TRULY heartwarming to read all the kind words: a LOT has changed in the 4-5 years Ive been absent JL. I thank you, one and all, for the warm (re)welcome!

To be perfectly honest, the new owner has already been subjected to a stream of hairdresser jibes because of the colour. One person even suggested he could trade it for an MR-2 and save on displacement tax.

Wiggy, you know you’re always welcome here Rover or not :slight_smile: Your name has been mentioned and you have been quoted many times over these last years. All I can say is welcome back in whatever form you choose. As you know I’m also Jagless but in a twist of fate my car may be coming back home. The current owner and I are discussing the terms.
pauls

Yep, it’s not like a Rover is an Austin Marina.

I’m presuming it’s a P5, and not one of them modern ones.

Ill assume that is a derogatory concept…:joy::joy::joy:

“Yep, it’s not like a Rover is an Austin Marina.”

I’d not admit to an ownership, thereof…!!!

“I’m presuming it’s a P5, and not one of them modern ones.”

Naw: itza '67 P6, which were still “real” Rovers, before BL utterly ruined the car line,…:frowning:

I HAD 5 P5s, mosly parts cars, but I had jealously saved a good one, that had a MOD: I returned from a week’s camping trip, and Dad had had them all crushed

Dadicide crossed my mind…:confounded:

The P6 is a fascinating vessel, so far ahead of its time, AND, it’s WAAAY more usuable than the Jag ever was!

Nooooo…it will not become poiple…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Glad to have you back Wigs!!!

Hey Waugh - if you’re going to cuss then at least cuss correctly - MORRIS Marina!

My first ever company car, a blue 1800 twin carb Marina - basically an MG engine. I rolled up at my new girlfriend’s home and her dad had an identical-looking car, but his was a mere 1300. A year later I got a yellow Ital with black vinyl roof and the new SOHC ‘O’ series engine and a year after that a promotion and a wedge Austin Princess. Very roomy car.

Hi Wiggles. I always like Tweety’s look, but that may be because I can’t see red very well, so it just looks a nice deep blue to me. You had a video once of the tweet sound. Lots of new people here won’t have heard it. Do you still have it?

PS I recently published an article in Jaguar Journal on the early lightweight XKs and your mum got a mention IIRC. There’s a second instalment to come in the Nov-Dec issue…

Yes indeed, welcome home.

Wedge princess… but very ugly Pete!

Bronze to withstand heat ?