Rolling restoration: 1989 3.6

I put the output shafts back to the car on last Friday. I drove the car on Saturday, but I started something new already on Sunday. :smile: Namely I removed the mechanical fan and found out that it has some serious cracks, and the clutch was very dirty, too. I ordered a new fan (EBC4553) and a clutch NBC2215AA (Meyle). Thanks to Dennis’ advice it is not necessary to remove the belts when removing the fan.

Additionally, I have removed the flexible Jurid coupling from the propshaft/differential flange and ordered in a new coupling (CAC7576). Before detaching the bracket 17 I first marked its outer edges with a white marker. There is one empty hole on each end of the bracket. I painted a white dot to the chassis through that hole. This ensures that I can put the bracket back to its original position. The coupling bolts and locknuts were very tight, and since the rear of the car was on jack stands I had to use my imagination to have enough leverage to break them loose.

I should get the flexible coupling, the fan and hopefully the clutch, too, on Friday. Then I can install them to the car.