What did you do to your E-Type today? (Part 1)

That does look good, David.

My twice a year detailing routine is:

Wash
Clay bar entire car
Polish
Wax
Wet down entire car.
Spray with Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax
Rinse
Dry

Finally after 7 yrs ownership with rad fans running constant with ignition on I replaced otter switch with a Cool Cat one. I had to rewire from switch to relay as did not show continuity . Since too cold to test on rode covered in snow I turned on ignition and fans did not come so I heated otter with a propane torch and fans came on and turned off after cooling. Feels good to do something that fixes an annoying problem!

3 Likes

Google knows all, eats all…:joy:

1 Like

Beanie Weenie is best eaten poured over a thick flat pasta, Beanie Weenie Fettuccine. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I might hafta try that, with Dreamfields pasta!

:wink:

1 Like

:face_vomiting: John you are joking are you not?

1 Like

About as serious as I usually am. :grin:

It’s the punch line from a four panel Sam and Silo cartoon strip from the early 1980s. You’ve gotta’ love the way it rolls off the tongue. Beanie weenie fettuccine. Melodical.

3 Likes

Wipe down with WG panel wipe then,
Wolfgang Ceramic Sealant

Ba Zing

NO, They would revoke my Italian card.

3 Likes

Hi Bill, how do you add a photo where the letter is circled on the top left, thanks.
Garth…

don’t know, don’t have one. seems like a good idea though

fixed it.

Tap on your avatar, top right, tap on the little person-figure, go to “Preferences,” and you’ll find how there.

That and Spaghetti-o’s :nauseated_face:

How effective is the ceramic coating John?

Why the Wax then the Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax John?
Cheers,
LLynn

I figured the better the substrate prior to the application to the spray ceramic the better the final outcome.
I could probably skip the wax after polish, but the application of the ceramic wax is so easy I just do both. It does seem to give the hand waxed paint a little added “pop”.

I’ll utilize same process on the Jeepster, but slightly modified…

-Wash, using Ajax to get off that pesky chalk layer
-Rinse
-drive around section, to naturally let dry.

See? Simple!

:grimacing:

3 Likes

I was thinking that the wax coat might prevent the Ceramic Hybrid wax from adhering?
Cheers,
LLynn

1 Like

That is an interesting thought. I’ve posed that question to Meguiar’s tech support.

Edit: Looking at their Hybrid Ceramic Wax I see they it can be used as a top coat over traditional waxes & sealants. So I suspect the spray on product can as well. I’ll share what they tell me.

1 Like

Are you speaking about: “Ajax, boom boom, the blue dot cleanser”?
Thought that is like “Comet”.
Michael Caro