Where are the Archives?

Old-User, new to the revamped site. Cant seem to find the Archives anywhere.

Thanks,
Warren Hansen
70 FHC “Silver Bolide”
Mendham, NJ

1 Like

click on the magnifying glass icon a the upper right of your screen, the one to the left of the hamburger. That opens the search program

Thanks John! An earlier post of yours popped up when I was writing my Pertronix query. Did you experience any timing issues when you installed yours?

Warren

I saw your query. Shortly after I installed the distributor I pulled the head for a rebuild. Now the car is back together and I’m waiting for a new voltage regulator which should arrive Tuesday. So my drive time with the Petronix is limited to date.

Warren,

The guides are all in #user-guides-and-how-tos. Have a look through them, there is one specific to the search function.

I didn’t realize yours was so new. Mine replaced the original points unit which also had an XJ6 ignition module. I find the engine to be operating much more efficiently now – it really wants to go. Hadn’t anticipated the timing issue, but that should be fairly easy to sort out; I have a superb mechanic.

Hey Warren, half the battle is won, you got here. Good to see your name :slight_smile:
pauls

Thanks, Paul. I’m not sure I like the new format, but I’ll try to adapt to it. It’s nice to encounter some familiar names – it’s been quite a while since I was active on J-L.

Warren, I don’t much like it either but it isn’t because its bad, it’s in fact much better, user friendly and allows posting of photos etc. What I don’t like is because I’m a dinosaur anyway I was still using the digest version of JL. I scanned every post, sometimes with subject drift I could learn a lot. Now don’t see that at all so only read probably about 20% of the posts that look like they have something I could help with. I don’t have the car anymore so not looking for advice, mostly just give it, I’m becoming obsolete :slight_smile: In your case since you still have the car I think you’ll find its better than before.
pauls

Paul,

You can still use digest mode:

Andrew, thanks, I didn’t know that. Already knew that the digest was not well used assumed it went out the window, amazing that you kept that function. I will go back to it, at least for a while, I realize I can live in both worlds but one notice of every post is enough, will eventually probably choose the web form. To me its similar to the pain of jumping from Win7 to Win10, I still don’t like Win10 either :slight_smile:
pauls

Paul,

As far as I know the new software didn’t drop any of the functions of the old forums. It improved most and added quite a few.

You’re almost certainly not the only user to have assumed that something isn’t possible on the new site and just changed their habits. On the one hand, change is sometimes a good thing, on the other I can’t tell if someone hasn’t understood something unless they ask.

So, ladies and gentlemen, If there is something about the new site that you’re struggling with, please have a look in #user-guides-and-how-tos to see if your question has already been covered, and if it hasn’t then start a topic in #site-feedback. I try to answer questions as effectively as I can, and I won’t ridicule anyone who has missed the obvious. (ok, not much.)