Trust Level 2 will soon be needed to post in The Lounge

The Lounge will change soon – please read

Entry to the Lounge is now set at Trust Level 1, which includes most of our membership. After discussions among the Admin team, we’ve decided to change the access level needed to participate in the Lounge to Trust Level 2. We will make this change in one week from now, on May 15, 2021.

As of right now, only 633 of the 47k or so Jag-lovers forum members have been promoted to TL2, which is a ridiculously low number. We suspect that the main reason so many members are stuck at TL1 is the requirement to give and receive at least 1 “like”.

Likes are given by clicking the little heart icon below a post. If you haven’t already, please like at least 1 message, anywhere in the Jag-lovers forums, and see if that doesn’t trigger the forum software to promote you to TL2. You should receive a message from the forum software notifying you of the promotion.

To find out what TL you are currently in, please see this HOWTO in the #user-guides-and-how-tos category.

Remember: Access to post and reply in the Lounge is a privilege, not a right. Here are the full requirements for promotion to Trust Level 2:

Trust Level 2 – Member

“Members keep coming back to your community over a series of weeks; they have not only read, but actively participated long and consistently enough to be trusted with full citizenship.”

Get to trust level 2 by…

• Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially

• Casting at least 1 like

• Receiving at least 1 like

• Replying to at least 3 different topics

• Entering at least 20 topics

• Reading at least 100 posts

• Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 2 can…

• Use the “Invite others to this topic” button for one-click onboarding of new users to participate in topics

• Invite outside users to PMs making a group PM

• Daily like limit increased by 1.5×

• Ignore other users

• Edit their own posts for up to 30 days after posting

(See this page for more information about Trust Levels in Discourse.)

This message will be posted (and pinned for future reference) in both the #lounge and in #site-feedback. If you see someone asking “What is this Lounge I keep hearing about and how do I get access to post there?” please refer them to this post.

Nick, Gunnar, and the admin team

7 Likes

Thanks for the note on Trust Levels. Prior to the undergoing changes I had not known about Trust Levels. Over my forums participation for more than a decade, I doubt I ever used the “like” function as I am not much of an emoji user. Following your instructions today, a “like” bumped up my Trust Level exactly as you wrote here. Thanks for the continued smooth operation of this fundamentally useful forum arena!

6 Likes

Thanks for that: maybe by being selective in this fashion will help keep The Lounge performing at the level it should.

2 Likes

Since JL is upping the requirements to get into the Lounge, does that mean the Pub is about to re-open?

The Pub is a bit more work, but yes. The plan is to open the Pub only to those who request access. For everyone else the Pub will be completely invisible, including in the latest topics list.

Please note: To be considered for access, the requester must be in TL2 or higher, and must not be currently suspended or banned from the Pub.

(The more work part is coming up with a sane way to handle applications.)

1 Like

Wow, Roger!! I’m soooo jealous. That means someone actually liked you too!
LLo… ummm, Joe

It’s not what you look at that matters. It’s what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

2 Likes

Yes Roger same here,my status has improved as well for the same reason ,thought my status would have been good already as I have never had an argument with anybody on here in the last 20 yrs?Have had to bite my tongue a few times though!

Will you put me down on that list, please.

Sorry, not yet. I need to come up with some mechanism for handling the requests, so we have a proper system. I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

You can now put yourself on that list!