Virtual car show today! What did you bring?

How’s about “in progress”?

Restoration/rebuild of all major components done. Now in assembly mode. Status as of today:

1 Like

I think they are larger on the Royce than on my 150.

When’s first run? Video!!!

I am aware of at least 4 sizes or fender angles.

1. SS, Mark IV, Mark V and very early 120 FHC (maybe 50 cars or so) - higher on the fender with a rib
  2. Later FHC and all later OTS, all DHC, 140, 150 - lower and more forward than #1
  3. Small Mark saloons (not sure if Mark VII, VIII and IX are the same or yet another size) - smaller diameter light
  4. Daimler (taller and gawkier looking)
    additions and corrections welcome

A little ahead of Nick on the drive train reassembly, but WAY behind on the body work

1 Like

This summer … I hope. Video? Definitely.

1 Like

Yabbut, with a milk crate and a piece of string, you can DRIVE yers around the block!

I’m jealous of both of you.

Not only virtual here but pictured at the Atlanta International Auto Show.

4 Likes

Oooooh.SNAP. My favorite body style.

I DEFINITELY need a bigger garage.

1 Like

Here is my 1953 fhc after a 4 year restoration. All work done by me except chrome, engine machine work and wood veneer.

4 Likes

I have to confess I don’t have my 1968 Iso Grifo 7 Litre any longer. I sold it three years ago, having owned it for almost 30 years. Here it is, anyway.

3 Likes

Wow. Any more photos?

Gorgeous.

Any seller’s regret?

A couple of months after a local man I know sold his E-type coupe I dropped by in my OTS. When he saw the car in his driveway he very nearly broke down in tears. Seller’s regret writ large.

Bodywork’s done but it looks like you’re more than a little ahead of me mechanically, Rob … as in you’ve actually got it running. Looks like a pretty cool setup. Last time my engine was fired up, far as I know from the two previous owners, was 54 years ago. I’ve yet to determine if the original radiator is functional - suspect not. Still lots to do, but it’s looking like I’ve got a little more home time on my hands than I’d planned.

Actually, to be fair Nick- I had it running. For several starts and oil pressure/temperature checks. All OK until the + 50 year old coil and original voltage regulator fried. A chicken and egg problem, but not sure which is the chicken and which is the egg. I have been intending to switch over to an internally regulated alternator anyway so the car has sat all winter long in the unheated garage while I attend to other pursuits.

That was a good looking car: I do not recall that square bulge in the bonnet, though…?

Now for more information that you ever wanted to know: https://mycarquest.com/2018/02/iso-grifo-hood-scoop-the-most-unusual-ever.html Looks like they raised the hood (bonnet) for clearance when putting in the big block. Previous models had a small block without the buldge.

1 Like

Gaz, Now that I am looking, I really don’t have much in the way of finished detail photos. I have plenty of teardown and reassembly though. Here is one of a mostly finished engine compartment and a photo of where it was when I got it.

Only on the big-block cars (90 built) and the last Grifos, which were Ford 351C engined (around 35 built).